-
October 12th, 2006, 08:27 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I notice that some of the Altec cabs for 604 duplex speakers include an internal brace to support the back of the driver under the heavy magnet assembly. Looks like a length of 2x4 across the cab interior pllaced just under the back of the driver. I assume this was to protect the driver's cast frame if the speaker is dropped? Is this a necessary or wise feature for home use 604 cabinets? The frame already seems super strong.
-
October 12th, 2006, 10:32 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
They are sturdy, and while they don't absolutely need to be supported in a HIFI app they benefit from mass loading just like any other driver, so I highly recommend it. The bigger/heavier the driver, the more rigid/massive its 'work platform' needs to be for max mechanical efficiency.
GM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks